There was an error in this gadget

Monday, September 20, 2010

been looking

I've been looking around at liquid cooling, and super PCs and now I'm constantly fighting the impulse to buy stuff....I cant afford the new stuff, but it seems that I'm still spending 4/10 of my waking time browsing around at newegg, tigerdirect, and frozencpu, and a bunch of PC customizing sites, such as buyxg.com, digitalstormonline.com, originpc.com, cyberpowerpc.com, etc. I have come to the conclusion that this is due to a dopamine addiction, when I am putting these systems together and seeing the outcome, it is almost as if I am completing tasks, and so I get a tremendous dopamine high.

when I actually purchase items, such as a 1tb hard drive I just purchased, or the liquid cooling set (which I definitely do not need) that I just bid on in eBay, I get the thrill of a child trying to go to sleep the night before Christmas, and all I can do is look at the items and the ups tracking hourly.

so in short (tl;dr) how do my followers view addiction/work with their addictions?

these are pics of my case, (yes that is a liquid cooling system, which is why i do NOT need the cooling system i just placed a bid on)



22 comments:

  1. i do the same thing with computer parts myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. thermaltake really has a bad rap for their cases, but their newer ones are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog bro.
    Definitely following and supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I would have moar money right now... Those LED's are uebercool

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol i dont actually have my uv lights on so the cables/tubes arent glowing like they normally would

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just replaced the southbridge heatsink and didnt rewrap alot of the cords

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying the blog so far dude - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same feelings. I can't resit buying new stuff and get high from building PCs and see that they actually perform well!!

    F/S!

    ReplyDelete
  9. reminds me old times when I had a PC ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog man following and supporting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. theleming, could you then post pictures of your batlestation with the UV lights on?

    ReplyDelete
  12. cool blog mate !suppin bro :)
    check my blog aswell.

    u got me i have a lem in me aswell :))

    ReplyDelete