There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

hmmmm

I have a disorder called hypersomnolence, which is pretty much perpetual sleepiness, I've been wondering about some things concerning sleep, does anyone know anything about the other levels of sleep and their importance? (other than REM) i found some stuff about cutting sleep down and instead doing scheduled naps in high abundence to go straight into rem sleep and cut out the other stages.


Also I have been wondering about lucid dreams, I have had a few, but I cannot trigger them, anyone know a way to?

I dont feel like googling atm

8 comments:

  1. Id be careful about doing the nap thing too hardcore. If you miss your schedules naps ur body will pretty much crash and ull feel really tired for the rest of the day. I personally prefer the 6-7hr night with a 30min nap in the afternoon.

    http://rogersroom001.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i have done in the past is sleep an 8 hour night and take a 3-5 hour nap in the afternoon, defeats the purpose of the power nap, but alarms dont wake me, i'll turn them off and even talk to people and not even remember, ive fallen asleep while driving and gone minutes at a time staying on route and someone else in the car wont even realize im asleep, they say my eyes were open the entire time tl;dr im not aware when im asleep as it is, and my dreams merge together/are very realistic so i cant tell the difference

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, like sod_roger said, you have to be careful with those naps. you miss one, and BAM youre tired as hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah like sickman said... BAM and dinner's done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Polyphasic sleeping is hard to adjust to for the first two weeks. I tried it and felt like I was going to die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, ive been doing a 2 nap thing and about 6 hours of core sleep, only problem is i have a hard time differentiating between my dreams and real life so 10x the dreams=10x the confusion

    ReplyDelete